5 Foods to Control Appetite & Relieve Constipation
Many of us encounter the challenges of both constipation and appetite control on a regular basis. The culprit? Often its simply not enough soluble fiber intake. So, the good news is you can address those symptoms immediately through food. Soluble fiber is found in a variety of foods from nuts and seeds to berries and fruits. In addition, soluble fiber is not only helpful for digestion, but it’s also extremely effective in managing hunger and making you feel fuller for longer.
Essentially, it serves as a prebiotic that nourishes beneficial gut bacteria and may reduce inflammation in the body. So, let’s explore five fiber-packed foods you should consider in your diet, and the best ways to get them.
- Oats offer a hearty dose of soluble fiber that forms a gel-like consistency in the digestive tract, promoting a smoother bowel movement and helping you stay fuller for longer. Enjoy a bowl of morning oatmeal, add oats to smoothies, or use them in baked goods.
- Lentils come in various varieties, such as green, brown, and red, each offering its unique flavor profile. For a quick and fiber-rich meal, try making a hearty lentil soup or add cooked lentils to salads for an extra nutritional boost. You can also include them in casseroles, stir-fries, or as a filling for wraps.
- Apples - A convenient and tasty snack paired with yogurt or nut butter. You can also blend them into smoothies or make homemade applesauce. Be sure to keep the skin on, which is where most of the soluble fiber comes from!
- Sweet potatoes can be roasted and added to salads, or enjoyed as a standalone side dish. Sweet potato wedges also make for a delicious and nutritious alternative to regular french fries.
- Chia seeds can be easily incorporated into your daily routine by adding them to smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal. Create a simple chia pudding by mixing chia seeds with your favorite milk and letting it sit overnight. Top with nuts and berries!
Boost Your Soluble Fiber Intake With These Tasty Recipes
Begin your journey to better health with Ahara
Unsure if you are getting enough fiber in your diet? Become a Foundational Member today and get immediate access to a personalized nutrition plan, plus all app features including personalized recipes, our daily food logging tool, 30-day jumpstart guidance emails and recommended Ahara supplements.